- June 12-14, 2008: CIM/CRM Workshop on Financial Time Series
- June 16-21, 2008: GAP VI - Workshop on Geometry and Physics
- June 26-28, 2008: Workshop on Nonparametric Inference - WNI2008
- July 7-9, 2008: WEAA - Workshop on Estimating Animal Abundance
- July 21-25, 2008: CIM/UC Summer School in Dynamical Systems
- September 8-10, 2008: Calculus of Variations and its Applications: from Engineering to Econ- omy
We survey some results on the solution set of equations of the form −∆u = |u|p−2u+ f(x) (p > 2) with Dirichlet boundary conditions on a smooth bounded domain of RN , from the point of view of the calculus of variations and critical point theory. We focus on the so called perturbation from symmetry problem.
Originally published by the American Mathematical Society in MATH in the MEDIA, a section of the AMS Website, www.ams.org/mathmedia, edited by Tony Phillips. Reprinted with permission.
You studied in Columbia from February 1960 to June 1961, returning there for the Ph.D. defense in May 1963. In the interim you went to Berkeley and Los Angeles. Why?